Fully Automatic Tea Machine
The preparation of one’s favourite tea has been celebrated for many years and has rarely been left to a “soulless” machine. The precise instructions for preparation are often cumbersome or difficult to understand.
I wanted to create a tea machine that sets new standards in easy and perfect tea brewing and creates a bridge between modern technology and atmospheric ceremony.
UNIQUE PROPERTIES / PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
The fully automatic Tesera simplifies the process of tea preparation and sets an atmospheric stage for making the tea. The loose tea is filled into special Jars in which, uniquely, brewing time, water temperature and the amount of tea can be individually adjusted. The machine recognises these settings and prepares the perfect tea fully automatically in the transparent glass chamber.
An integrated tray can be removed for serving and also used as a small stove in other rooms to keep the tea warm.
OPERATION / FLOW / INTERACTION:
1. personalize your teajar with brewing time, water temperature and the tealeaves amount per cup
2. put in your personalized teajar
3. press the teajar on top of the machine.
4. tea and perfectly heated water come together in the infusion container.
5. tea brews and is illuminated even more strongly
6. time runs through
7. tea pours out and the teapod is illuminated, a little bell rings once
8. tea sediment and the rest of the tea are rinsed into the sediment container
9. enjoy your tea!
PROJECT DURATION AND LOCATION:
FITS BEST INTO CATEGORY:
Home Appliances Design
PRODUCTION / REALIZATION TECHNOLOGY:
The colouring is muted, with a white, high-gloss front, black edges and stainless steel details.
Meterials are Stainless steel, plastic and glas or glaslike plastics.
SPECIFICATIONS / TECHNICAL PROPERTIES:
Width: 360 mm, Depth: 220 mm, Height: 350 mm
Tea machine, teamaker, tea, fully automatical, tea atmosphere
I made a survey with over 100 people to know about their behavior and wishes of tea making and drinking.
I read a lot about Tea and looked at the existing products on the market.
The hardest part was finding the right mix of modern technology and atmospheric ceremony.
TEAM MEMBERS (1) :
Tobias Gehring, 2012.